JetAdvice Data Collector – also referred to as the JADC – runs as a service on your pc or server.
The JADC scans your network(s) automatically without user intervention at defined intervals.
In the Networks view, you specify which IP ranges the Data Collector will scan and the schedule for the scans.
Please see Support Resources for documentation, data sheets, white papers etc.
Instructions for using the zip archive (.zip)
- You need to be able to unzip Zip-archives (included in Windows Xp and above). Else you can use the microsoft installer file instead.
- Be sure your PC/server meets our system requirements – see below.
- Download the JADC as an zip archive (.zip)
- Unpack the zip archive (JaDataCollectorInstaller.zip) – This will extract the setup executable
- Execute/run the extracted file called setup.exe
- Follow the screens for installation
- Start the JADC service
- PC/server running Windows
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 must be installed.
- The JetAdvice Data Collector is supported on all newer Windows platforms, such as Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2008/2012
- For Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2003 SP1 and above see the FAQ here
How to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
It’s very easy to install this framework for older operating systems: